Select an event to learn more details or to register.
Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows
Most of the courses and workshops listed on this page are offered to graduate students and postdoctoral fellows but the GMCTL also offers workshops, non-credit courses and resources specifically for graduate students and postdocs.
Frequently offered courses
- Transforming Teaching One-term course for "newer" faculty members who are interested in exploring, with their peers, the principles, skills, and issues in higher education teaching.
- Introduction to Teaching Online 5 week, non-credit course provides instructors with information and ideas for teaching online or hybrid environment.
- Course Design Institute An intensive course design workshop that helps walk any instructor who is designing or redesigning a course through an innovative course design process.
- Reflective Teaching Portfolio Short Course For faculty, staff and graduate student teachers who want to develop a teaching portfolio that is intended to foster reflection on teaching experiences to improve learning.
- Instructional Skills Workshop An internationally recognized 4-day workshop on teaching practice.
- University Teaching Basics Certificate Participants will be introduced to a variety of Teaching Strategies, Planning Approaches, Assessment Ideas, and Reflective Practice Techniques.
- Instructional Basics Workshop An intensive, 2-day workshop that introduces instructors to the 4MAT lesson planning model and constructive alignment, along with other tailoured sessions about teaching.
GMCTL Fall Fortnight
August 27 - September 7
A series of sessions to enhance your teaching practice.
The GMCTL Fall Fortnight is two weeks of exciting ideas about teaching, courses, and programs. Fortnight sessions vary in style, length, and scope - there is something for everyone!
Gwenna Moss Centre for Teaching and Learning (GMCTL)
Contact the Gwenna Moss Centre for Teaching and Learning for more information about events, courses and workshops.