Select an event to learn more details or to register.
Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows
Most of the courses and workshops listed on this page are offered to graduate students and postdoctoral fellows but the GMCTL also offers workshops, non-credit courses and resources specifically for graduate students and postdocs.
Frequently offered courses
- Transforming Teaching One-term course for "newer" faculty members who are interested in exploring, with their peers, the principles, skills, and issues in higher education teaching.
- Introduction to Teaching Online 5 week, non-credit course provides instructors with information and ideas for teaching online or hybrid environment.
- Course Design Institute An intensive course design workshop that helps walk any instructor who is designing or redesigning a course through an innovative course design process.
- Reflective Teaching Portfolio Short Course For faculty, staff and graduate student teachers who want to develop a teaching portfolio that is intended to foster reflection on teaching experiences to improve learning.
- Instructional Skills Workshop An internationally recognized 4-day workshop on teaching practice.
- University Teaching Basics Certificate Participants will be introduced to a variety of Teaching Strategies, Planning Approaches, Assessment Ideas, and Reflective Practice Techniques.
GMCTL Celebration Week April 23-27
Join us in sharing, celebrating, and reflecting on teaching practices.
Teaching and Learning Today Conference May 1-2
If you are interested in building, driving, or supporting indigenization and open pedagogy, this conference is for you.
Gwenna Moss Centre for Teaching and Learning (GMCTL)
Contact the Gwenna Moss Centre for Teachinga and Learning for more information about events, courses and workshops.