August 19 to August 30, 2019
A series of sessions to enhance your teaching practice.
Select an event to learn more details or to register.
Frequently offered courses
- Transforming Teaching One-term course for "newer" faculty members who are interested in exploring, with their peers, the principles, skills, and issues in higher education teaching.
- Introduction to Teaching Online 5 week, online course provides instructors with ideas, tools and practical experience for teaching online.
- Course Innovation Community A carefully designed sequence of workshops for selected applicants to actively participate in a cohort of their peers to progress together. They will also receive $5,000 in funding that will be transferred to their home unit.
- Reflective Teaching Portfolio Short Course For faculty, staff and graduate student teachers who want to develop their skills in reflecting on and documenting teaching by developing a teaching portfolio that demonstrates alignment between evidence and teaching philosophy.
- Instructional Skills Workshop An internationally recognized 3-day workshop that focusses on active learning strategies and facilitated peer feedback.
- University Teaching Basics Certificate Participants will be introduced to a variety of Teaching Strategies, Planning Approaches, Assessment Ideas, and Reflective Practice Techniques.
Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows
Most of the courses and workshops listed on this page are offered to graduate students and postdoctoral fellows but the GMCTL also offers workshops, non-credit courses and resources specifically for graduate students and postdocs.
Gwenna Moss Centre for Teaching and Learning (GMCTL)
Contact the Gwenna Moss Centre for Teaching and Learning for more information about events, courses and workshops.