What do you need?
- Is your program or college considering a curriculum redesign?
- Do you have a course that needs an update?
- Are you a new instructor or faculty member seeking guidance with regard to course design?
- Are you looking for new ways to effectively integrate technology in to your teaching?
Employing effective instructional design can ensure that:
- your course matches your students' needs
- your learning outcomes are clearly stated, and are measurable
- you are optimally employing a variety of teaching and learning strategies
- your assessment matches your previously established outcomes
Events and Workshops
GMCTL provides a course design workshop for faculty. A small resource package is sent to participants prior to the start date.
The Course Design Institute (CDI) is offered through a blended format that consists of four face-to-face sessions with supplementary online materials and activities. The face-to-face sessions are held over two weeks.
Gwenna Moss hosts a number of events and workshops throughout the year on a variety of topics that touch on course design.
Course Design Process
GMCTL uses a course design process that consists of analysis, outcomes and assessment, design, and final implementation and evalutation.
Gwenna Moss Centre for Teaching and Learning (GMCTL)
GMCTL provides consultation and assistance when embarking on course (re)design. They can:
- Provide an instructional designer (ID) to meet with, who will assess your project and provide suggestions for developing a work plan to get you started.
- Provide you with information about ID services on campus and connect you with people who can help.
- Find resources on your behalf.
- Offer workshops about course design, including an intensive Course Design/Redesign Institute.
Distance Education Unit (DEU)
DEU can assist in the development of online and distance courses.
Full video production service and training in support of teaching.