What do you need?
- Is your program or college considering a curriculum redesign?
- Do you have a course that needs an update?
- Are you a new instructor or faculty member seeking guidance with regard to course design?
- Are you looking for new ways to effectively integrate technology in to your teaching?
Employing effective instructional design can ensure that:
- your course matches your students' needs
- your learning outcomes are clearly stated, and are measurable
- you are optimally employing a variety of teaching and learning strategies
- your assessment matches your previously established outcomes
Canvas course design
This checklist will support instructors in achieving our Learning Technology Ecosystem Principles and other principles of effective instructional design. You are welcome to use this resource to self-assess your courses.
You may also contact the GMCTL to have someone work through the checklist with you. To book a checklist consultation, email email@example.com
Short courses and workshops
The Gwenna Moss Centre hosts a number of short courses and workshops throughout the year on a variety of topics that touch on course design.
Course design process
GMCTL uses a course design process that consists of analysis, outcomes and assessment, design, and final implementation and evalutation.
Gwenna Moss Centre for Teaching and Learning (GMCTL) - Consultation and assistance when embarking on course (re)design.
Distance Education Unit (DEU) - Support for the development of online and distance courses.
Media Production - Full video production services and training in support of teaching.