- No faculty control of changes to homework system.
- Variety of technical interface for instructors, may not be integrated in Canvas and gradebook (may require grade transcription).
- Answer keys are often available online.
- Student data often sits on a commercial server in the US. This has privacy implications, and it is not clear how long the data is stored in case of appeals.
- Have to make a purchase in order to earn part of their grade, so some students forced to forfeit that percentage of grade.
- Increasing cost, limited time access, and no resale.
- Technical difficulties are often encountered by students, and vendors have varying levels of effective customer service.