Through outreach activities, major events, marketing and communications and other initiatives, Student Recruitment attracts prospective students by providing them with information about colleges, programs, services and opportunities available at the University of Saskatchewan.
Key accountabilities of the Student Recruitment team include:
- Acting as university brand ambassadors to prospective students and key supporters, including school counsellors, parents, education agents and government and community organizations
- Organizing and executing outreach activities, including high school visits, local and international education fairs, government-sponsored tours and post-secondary institution visits
- Coordinating and hosting campus tours and major on-campus events for prospective and new students, including Open House, Indigenous Spend-a-Day, U-Start and Orientation
- Involvement in student recruitment organizations, such as SUTIL, CUE, NACAC, EduCanada, OACAC and CIS
- Executing strategic marketing and communications initiatives throughout the recruitment, admissions and conversion/orientation cycle, including the distribution of major recruitment publications, online/print advertising and email/mailed communications to prospective students and key supporters
- Collaborating with colleges and units, advising on recruitment opportunities and serving as student recruitment resource on campus