One Arrow Cree First Nation signed Treaty 6 on September 6, 1878; while the One Arrow Reserve is located 53 km southwest of Prince Albert, the band has a total of 9,331.4 ha surrounding the South Saskatchewan River. This band settled on its reserve late in the autumn of 1880, in what was considered a fine location to begin agricultural development. As the chief was old, a headman by the name of Crowskin was in charge of the band in 1882, and contributed much to its development. Today, the community consists of 1,358 members, with 458 people living on reserve. Their infrastructure includes a general store, rodeo grounds, sports grounds, school, health clinic, band office, skating rink, fire hall, band hall, and community maintenance facilities such as pumping station and water treatment plant. Current development includes a modern campground and an amphitheatre near Fort Carlton Historical Park.