This Ojibway and Cree band signed an adhesion to Treaty 4 on September 8, 1875, under Chief Muscowpetung, but continued to live a nomadic life, residing in the borderland Cypress Hills in hopes that the buffalo would return. A reserve was surveyed for them in 1881 adjoining that of Pasqua, and they began to settle there that autumn. From that time on, their agricultural development was noted as advancing in a most favourable manner. In 1882, at the request of the chief, the reserve was extended four miles (2.5 km) west along the Qu’Appelle to allow access to a better supply of wood; but two miles (1.2 km) along the south end of the reserve were removed as part of this compensation. The main economic base has remained agricultural, and the community infrastructure includes a school, band hall, band office, machine shop, gymnasium, medical clinic, and maintenance buildings. The reserve is located 11 km north of Edenwold. In addition to the band’s 9,357.2 ha of land, its members share in the 37.1 ha of the Treaty 4 Reserve Grounds at Fort Qu’Appelle. The band has 1,108 registered members, 271 of whom live on reserve.