This short course is for faculty, sessional lecturers, graduate students and staff interested in internationalizing a course. Course internationalization involves a process of including international elements into course content, resources, and instructional methods, done with a culturally responsive orientation.
Topics include setting the tone and intent of your course, creating internationalized learning outcomes, and recognizing ways to work with international students from a strength orientation.
- Lay the groundwork for open and healthy dialogue among your students
- Create an internationalized learning outcome for a course
- Identify ways to access students' cultural capital in your courses
Certificate in University Teaching and Learning Connections:
- 1.2.2 -I value perspectives and worldviews different than my own
- 1.3.1 -I use strategies to encourage and foster open and healthy dialogue among my students
- 2.1.2 -I create outcomes that are active and have all three parts
- 2.2.2 -I design to engage diverse learners
Duration: 4 hours online in Zoom
Next course begins January 23, 2023. Click here to view our registration system
Mondays, 2:00 to 3:00 pm, January 23, 30, February 6, 13. ONLINE via Zoom.