Teaching and Learning Today Conference
If you are interested in building, driving, or supporting indigenization and open pedagogy, this conference is for you.
During the two-day conference, professionals from across Canada will come together to tackle two of the most important paradigm shifts in Canadian higher education-indigenizing and opening academia.
Select an event to learn more details or to register.
Frequently offered courses
- Transforming Teaching One-term course for "newer" faculty members who are interested in exploring, with their peers, the principles, skills, and issues in higher education teaching.
- Introduction to Teaching Online 5 week, non-credit course provides instructors with information and ideas for teaching online or hybrid environment.
- Course Design Institute An intensive course design workshop that helps walk any instructor who is designing or redesigning a course through an innovative course design process.
- Reflective Teaching Portfolio Short Course For faculty, staff and graduate student teachers who want to develop a teaching portfolio that is intended to foster reflection on teaching experiences to improve learning.
- Instructional Skills Workshop An internationally recognized 4-day workshop on teaching practice.
- University Teaching Basics Certificate Participants will be introduced to a variety of Teaching Strategies, Planning Approaches, Assessment Ideas, and Reflective Practice Techniques.
Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows
Many of the courses and workshops listed above are offered to graduate students and postdoctoral fellows but the GMCTL also offers workshops, non-credit courses and resources specifically for graduate students and postdocs.