What do you need?
- Is your program or college considering a curriculum redesign?
- Do you have a course that needs an update?
- Are you a new instructor or faculty member seeking guidance with regard to course design?
- Are you looking for new ways to effectively integrate technology in to your teaching?
Employing effective instructional design can ensure that:
- your course matches your students' needs
- your learning outcomes are clearly stated, and are measurable
- you are optimally employing a variety of teaching and learning strategies
- your assessment matches your previously established outcomes
What can we do for you?
- Meet with an instructional designer (ID) who will assess your project and provide suggestions for developing a work plan to get you started.
- Provide you with information about ID services on campus and connect you with people who can help.
- Our in-house library offers resources on instructional design and course design.
- We can find other resources on your behalf.
- We offer workshops about course design, including a one-week intensive Course Design/Redesign Institute.
Events and Workshops
GMCTL provides a course design workshop for faculty. A small resource package is sent to participants prior to the start date.
The Course Design Institute (CDI) is offered through a blended format that consists of four face-to-face sessions with supplementary online materials and activities. The face-to-face sessions are held over two weeks.
Gwenna Moss hosts a number of events and workshops throughout the year on a variety of topics that touch on course design.
Course Design Process
GMCTL uses a course design process that consists of analysis, outcomes and assessment, design, and final implementation and evalutation.