Online Remote Bootcamp is designed to help you take your existing face-to-face course materials and transition them into a workable remote course – in just three days.
Each of the three days will be comprised of two scheduled synchronous sessions and also independent work time. Plan to dedicate 3-6 hours for each of the three days. Upon completing these sessions, the work on your course will result in a draft, or a plan for your remote course and also network of colleagues with whom you can continue to connect and collaborate with throughout the term.
- Day 1 - Take inventory: tech, resources, learning materials, building your framework
- Day 2 - Remote Options: online materials, active learning and meaningful, ongoing formative assessment
- Day 3 - Building Remotely: build community, engagement, practice remote tools
This course is aimed to those who might be newer to technology, or using remote methods. Self-assessment questions: Have you ever....
- hosted (scheduled and moderated) a video conference meeting;
- recorded a lecture capture video with audio and slides;
- ever structured a course in a learning management system such as Canvas or Blackboard?
If you answered no to two or more of these questions, this course can benefit you. If you answered yes to two or more of the above questions, please look for our other remote instruction workshops developed for those who are more comfortable with technology.
This course addresses these Educator Commitments from our Learning Charter:
- ET 2.2 - Select and utilize teaching methods that are effective in helping students achieve the learning outcomes of a course or learning activity
- AF 3.4 - Design tools to both assess and enable student learning
- EC 4.4 - Engage in meaningful conversations about their practices with others
Three consecutive days; 3-6 hours per day. A daily schedule will be posted in our registration system.
There are no scheduled courses at this time. View other GMCTL Courses and Workshops online, or see sessions highlighted in our newsletter through PAWS. If you are an instructor at USask you will automatically receive it. If you do not currently receive our newsletter and wish to, please self-signup here.