The Curriculum Change short course is designed to support leaders with planning for a curriculum change process. During the course expect:
- opportunities to work with other leaders on change processes,
- one-to-one support from an educational developer who specializes in curriculum development,
- to create an action plan to use in your own curriculum change,
- to develop materials you can use to lead your own processes, like a curriculum action plan and communications materials.
Audience: Anyone leading or co-leading a curriculum initiative or program review, including curriculum committee chairs, undergraduate/graduate programming chairs, department heads, and Associate Deans Academic.
Format: A mix of meeting together online and completing materials on your own, plus two short meetings with a Curriculum Developer.
Learning Charter Connections to the University Community Commitments:
- Offer high quality programs and activities for learning and discovery.
- Create mechanisms for ongoing quality enhancement of all programs and courses.
- Define transparent programmatic milestones expected of students in all pursuits of learning.
Timing: 5 sessions, 1.5 hours each.
Synchronous Time Commitment: Thursdays, April 29, May 6, 13, 20, and 27
Asynchronous Time Commitment: Plan to spend approximately 1 hour a week outside of class time working on various assignments.
Our next course will begin in April 2021.
- Duration: 5 sessions
- Dates: Thursdays - April 29, May 6, 13, 20, and 27
- Time: 10:30am-12pm
Participants are required to attend all sessions. By registering on April 29th you will automatically be enrolled for the full course.
Please visit our calendar to register. Please register by April 22, 2021.