Duration: 4 sessions - 3 hours each
This short course is designed to provide instructors with the opportunity to learn how to facilitate critical conversations in classes and with individual students, and how to create a safe space for doing both. Participants will see examples of and engage in challenging conversations to practice the skills learned through this course.
This course addresses these Educator Commitments from Our Learning Charter:
- EL 1.2 Engage with students and peers in a respectful manner
- EL 1.3 Explicitly recognize their own position and work to understand, acknowledge, and value perspectives and worldviews different from their own
- EL 1.4 Encourage and foster open and healthy dialogue
- ET 2.2 Select and utilize teaching methods that are effective in helping students achieve the learning outcomes of a course or learning activity
- AF 3.1 Provide a clear indication of what is expected of students in a course or learning activity, and what students can do to be successful in achieving the expected learning outcomes as defined in the course outline
- AF 3.3 Provide students with prompt and constructive feedback on their learning progress at regular intervals throughout the course
Our next course will be offered during Winter term 2021.
- Duration: 4 sessions
- Dates: Feb 23, March 2, 9, and 16
- Time: 10 am - noon
Participants MUST commit to coming to all four sessions for the full time as group discussion is a key part of this offering. There is a maximum of 10 registrations available.