Course Innovation Community
Our collective commitment:
To redesign large, foundational
courses so they are more
active and highly effective.
What makes Course Innovation Community such an exciting opportunity for me when I teach large classes of students?
- Supported Community: I'll have access to all types of supports, including expertise, dedicated peers, and $3000 in funding, so I'll have the best chance of having the resources to make changes I have been interested in making.
- Course Design: I will be thinking about and experimenting with all the elements of course design, taking the practical steps I choose to make my course even more effective.
- Interdisciplinary: I will be working with other faculty who are also teaching large courses at U of S, and we'll exchange what works and ideas for next steps.
- Large Class: We'll be specifically focused on improving interaction and strong instruction in large classes, where it often presents the greatest challenge.
- Learning Improvements: I'll develop and learn about strategies that will help my large class teaching be manageable for me and great for students.
The competitive application process closes on March 15, 2020.
To apply, you will need:
- Completed application form (available below)
- Syllabus (or equivalent for new course)
- Letter of support from your Department Head
Please submit all three required documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Details on completion requirements, deliverables, and next steps can be found in the application form and selection criteria available below.
Required sessions for the 2020-21 offering of CIC will take place on the following days:
|All Participants||Participants Teaching Fall Term Courses (2020)||Participants Teaching Winter Term Courses (2021)|
April: 28th (9am-12pm)
May: 5th & 12th (9am-12pm)
June: 2nd & 9th (9am-12pm)
July: 7th (9am-12pm)
August: 25th (9am-12pm)
Session Time TBD
Session Time TBD