Course Innovation Community
Our collective commitment:
To redesign large, foundational courses
so they are more active and highly effective.
What makes Course Innovation Community (CIC) such an exciting opportunity for me when I teach large classes of students?
- Supported Community: I'll have access to all types of supports, including expertise, dedicated peers, and $3000 in funding, so I'll have the best chance of having the resources to make changes I have been interested in making.
- Course Design: I will be thinking about and experimenting with all the elements of course design, taking the practical steps I choose to make my course even more effective.
- Interdisciplinary: I will be working with other faculty who are also teaching large courses at USask, and we'll exchange what works and ideas for next steps.
- Large Class: We'll be specifically focused on improving interaction and strong instruction in large classes, where it often presents the greatest challenge.
- Learning Improvements: I'll develop and learn about strategies that will help my large class teaching be manageable for me and great for students.
The competitive application process: Deadline extension to March 23, 2021
To apply, you will need:
- Completed application form (available below)
- Syllabus (or equivalent for new course)
- Letter of support from your Department Head
Please submit all three required documents by email to Susan Bens, GMCTL. Details on completion requirements, deliverables, and next steps can be found in the application form and selection criteria available below.
Required sessions will take place eight (8) Tuesdays throughout May and June 2021, 10:00 am – noon, online.
|May 4||June 1|
|May 11||June 8|
|May 18||June 15|
|May 25||June 22|
|The Syllabus Review Session will be August 17|
Additionally, there will be optional Check-in Sessions during the Fall 2021 and Winter 2022. Course reflection wrap-up opportunities may be offered.