- ISSAC information for students
As a student centre on campus, detailed information about services and programs can be found on students.usask.ca. The information below is intended primarily for staff and faculty of the U of S.
Through ISSAC`s various programs and services , the centre is a place where international students:
- receive support to transition into student life in Canada or abroad, including immigration information
- get involved in intercultural events and activities
- make friends from around the world
International Travel and Study Abroad
ISSAC administers the International Travel Registry and certain travel awards. Through ISSAC`s various programs and services , the centre is a place where students:
- apply to go on exchange or to take part in summer programs
- get travel safety support
- can apply for travel awards
Due to an amendment to Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IPRA) regarding consulting and advising on immigration, ISSAC staff are limited in the type of support that can be provided to faculty, staff, and students for immigration matters.
Please refer students to ISSAC for assistance if they are in any of the following situations:
- Student’s application for a study permit is denied;
- Student was not issued their study permit at the port of entry;
- Student’s study permit has expired;
- Student has been discontinued from / has withdrawn from their academic program;
- Student has lost their study permit or passport;
- Student has to take a break from their studies for any reason;
- Student has an expired health card;
- Any other situation that you are concerned might adversely affect the student’s immigration status, academic situation or personal well-being.